Troubleshooting Login Issues
Sometimes we receive tickets from various users reporting the inability for their users to log in. the issue is usually a simple one, and easily fixed by your systems administrator. Below are some easy steps that should help you troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure they are in the system and not archived. Simply search for their name under users. if it shows up, they are active, if it does not, check if they have been archived. if they have, un-archiving them should solve the issue.
NOTE: If your users are being automatically archived by mistake, ensure that their OU is selected in the SiteAgent import list, as users that were created by the SiteAgent, but are no longer being synced, are automatically archived.
- Determine if the user is an AD user, or a user that only exists in BOSSDesk. if they only exist in BOSSDesk, their password may simply need to be reset.
- If the user is an AD user, first determine which domain they are synced from.
- Once you have determined the domain, Remote into the server running the BOSSDesk SiteAgent for that domain, and ensure the SiteAgent is running, (it should be visible in the taskbar) If not, start the agent and verify that the problem is resolved.
- If the Agent is already running, verify that the Configuration interface is not open anywhere, as logging in is disabled while configuring the Agent.
- If the config is closed but users still cannot log in, try exiting the Agent and starting it again.
- If the issue is still not resolved, try opening the Configuration(by right clicking the icon in the taskbar) and step all the way through the Configuration Wizard until it closes.
- If the problem still persists, please contact BOSS Support.