BOSSDesk offers a highly customizable email update system to keep your users and technicians informed of changes to their requests. Sometimes, however, users or technicians may stop receiving email updates due to misconfiguration. Below are some helpful tips to help troubleshoot these issues and restore your email functionality.
- First, ensure you have Administrator rights within your BOSSDesk System. one or more debugging steps may require Administrative permissions.
- Within BOSSDesk, navigate to Settings-> Alerts. Ensure that the notifications you are expecting are enabled in the system.
- On the ticket you were expecting notifications from, ensure that the expected recipient was either the requester, technician, or watcher prior to the event being triggered.
- If all of the above is correct, the issue may have to do with spam filters. Be sure to check your spam folder for the notifications.
- Finally, if you use a system-wide spam filter such as SpamCop, this may have flagged these emails as spam. Our system distributes emails via a system called SendGrid, so ensure that sendgrid.net is whitelisted in your filters.
- If the problem still persists after following these steps, please contact support and we will work to find a solution.