To use remote tools from the web interface, you will need to download and install the BOSSDesk Assistant on your computer.
To Obtain the BOSSDesk Assistant:
- Navigate to "Settings" in the BOSSDesk sidebar. (Note: The "Settings" menu is only available to priveledged users.)
- Scroll to the "Configuration Management" section of the "Settings" page.
- Select the "SiteAgent" option.
- Select "Download Assistant" once on the "SiteAgent" page.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the on-screen dialog to complete the installation.
Configuration of Remote Tools
- Navigate to "Settings" in the BOSSDesk sidebar.
- Scroll to the "Configuration Management" section of the settings page.
- Select "Remote Tools".
- On the right hand side, you can add a remote tool.
- Paste the default system path to the tool you would like to access from BOSSDesk.
- Add additional arguments that you would use to call this tool form the command line. Hint: Placeholders exist to insert the Asset Name, Hostname, or IP into these arguments.
- Click "Save"
Using Remote Tools
- Navigate to "CMDB" in BOSSDesk.
- Select the Asset you wish to affect.
- at the top-right corner, select the wrench.
- click the remote tool you wish to use.
- You will be prompted by your browser to allow an external protocol request. allow this request.
- The remote script you designed will be run, using the placeholders for relevant asset information and the tool should open.