Sometimes it may be necessary for any number of reasons to move the SiteAgent to an alternate server. Doing so is not difficult, but there are a few steps that need to be completed to ensure everything functions correctly.
- Windows 2008 or newer server, within the desired domain, running .NET Framework 4.6 or newer, to move SiteAgent to.
- Access to the "Settings" menu in your BOSSDesk instance.
Moving the SiteAgent
- Obtain a copy of the latest SiteAgent from the BOSSDesk website.
- Install the SiteAgent on the new server.
- Stop the SiteAgent completely. (Right click the application in the Taskbar and click Exit, the open Task Manager, click Advanced, click the "Services" tab, and stop both the "SiteAgentService" and the "SiteAgentController")
- Copy the Data folder from within C:\ProgramData\BOSSDesk\SiteAgent on the previous host to the same folder on the new host.
- Start the SiteAgent and you should have the same settings as you did on your previous install.