Sometimes it may be necessary for any number of reasons to move the SiteAgent to an alternate server. Doing so is not difficult, but there are a few steps that need to be completed to ensure everything functions correctly.
- Windows 2008 or newer server, within the desired domain, running .NET Framework 4.6 or newer, to move SiteAgent to.
- Access to the "Settings" menu in your BOSSDesk instance.
Moving the SiteAgent
- Obtain a copy of the latest SiteAgent from the BOSSDesk website.
- Install the SiteAgent on the new server.
- Stop the SiteAgent completely.
- Copy the Data folder from C:\ProgramData\BOSSDesk\SiteAgent on the previous host to the same folder on the new host.
- Start the SiteAgent and you should have the same settings as you did on your previous install.