Some machines may be issued as "travel machines" or issued to employees who are rarely or never on your corporate network. despite this, you may still want to keep up to date records of hardware and software on those machines. We can do this via the BOSSDesk RemoteAgent, which reports regular status updates directly to your Cloud instance.
- The devices this agent will be installed on must run Windows 7 or newer.
- You Must have a copy of the SiteAgent Installer, available here
- You will need a copy of your unique RemoteAgent key, which can be found under Settings>RemoteAgent in the top tight corner.
- basic knowledge of using the command line, OR a preconfigured .bat file.
Installing the Agent
The agent must be installed with certain command line arguments to function correctly. simply running the installer will result in a non-functional RemoteAgent.
- Copy the RemoteAgent MSI to the target machine
- Open an administrator command prompt
- cd to the directory the installer is in
- in the command prompt, run the command: "BOSSDeskRemoteAgent 126.96.36.199.msi" TOKEN=your_key SUBDOMAIN=your_subdomain
(note: your_key must be replaced with the RemoteAgent Key you obtained earlier, and your_subdomain must be replaced with the first part of your url [in example.bossdesk.io the subdomain would be example])
- if you will be doing this to a large number of computers, you may want to save this command as a pre-configured .bat file for quick use