Ticket Management Configuration
Document the business process rules which will be used to aid with the completion of service requests.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | General Settings.
- Choose a default Priority, default Teams for Tickets, the default Business Hours and Default Holiday Calendar.
- Save these General Settings.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Ticket Types.
- Click add new Ticket Type in the top right corner.
- Assign a meaningful name and a shortcut for the new Ticket Type.
- Save this new Ticket Type.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Priorities.
- Click add new Priority.
- Give the Priority a meaningful name.
- Assign a default highlighting color to this priority. The color will be displayed when reviewing ticket lists.
- Save this new Priority.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Extended Statuses.
- Click add Extended Status in the top right corner
- Give the new Extended Status a meaningful name
- Save the new Extended Status.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Task Type.
- Click "New Task Type".
- Give the new Task Type a meaningful name
- Save the new Task Type.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Routing.
- Click add new Routing rule in the top right corner.
- Assign a meaningful name to the new Routing Rule.
- Provide a brief Description of this new Routing Rule.
- Enable this Routing Rule.
- Define the Condition(s) that will enable this Routing Rule.
- Define the Action(s) to be taken when the Conditions are met.
- Save this new Routing Rule.
Service Request Categories
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Service Request Categories.
- Click the "New Service Request Category" button.
- Assign a meaningful name to this Service Request Category.
- Save this new Service Request Category.
- Go to Settings | Incident Management | Service Catalog.
- Click the blue "New Service Request" on the top right.
- Assign a meaningful name to this Service Catalog item.
- Select a Category from the Drop Down field.
- Assign an image to this service Catalog item.
6. Provide a Short Description for this Service Catalog item.
7. Provide a very specific Description of this Service Catalog item.
8. Enable this Service Catalog item.
9. Choose whether this Service Catalog item is visible to all Users or to specific User Groups. If groups, you will be given a Drop Down to select any number of groups.
10. Choose whether this Service Catalog item requires approval. The request may be reviewed/approved by the Requester's manager or by an Approval Board.
11. Choose whether this Service Request item is automatically assigned to a specific Category.
12. Drag and drop Custom Fields from the left sidebar onto the form to create your form.
13. fill out required information for each field when prompted.
(This form will be presented to the requester when they choose this Service Request item from the Service Catalog.)
14. Click "Add a Task" to add Tasks to this Service request item.
15. Save this new Service Request item.
Next: Setting up Teams, Groups, Roles, and Approval Boards