- An Android phone with a camera, running android 4.0.3 or later. OR an iPhone, iOS 8 or later.
- the Google Play Store. or Apple AppStore
- the BOSSDesk mobile application, available here.
Using the App
Currently to log in to the app you will need to be a technician of some level.
- open the application.
- Enter the name of your organization's subdomain (what precedes bossdesk.io in your URL).
- enter your username and password ad click login.
Using Asset Management
- when you log in, you will be presented with a list of assets, listed alphabetically.
- you should be able to see the name, type, status, and date of last change displayed on each listed asset.
- to find a particular asset, you can either search for it via keyword by clicking the search button on the top right, or by utilizing any of the saved "Advanced Searches" created within your BOSSDesk web interface.
- once you have located an asset , tap on it to view its information page.
- Go to the main assets page of the Application.
- click the round "barcode" button.
- a scanner window will appear on your screen using the camera on the phone. center the barcode in this window to scan it.
- if the asset exists, you will be taken to its asset page, and it's "last scanned" and "location" values will be updated to the pesent time and location. If the asset does not exist for that barcode, the user will be prompted as to whether they want to create the asset, at which time they will be able to enter their own data.
- Open the SideBar on the mobile application.
- Click "Tickets".
- You can access advanced ticket searches the same way you could access advanced asset searches. additionally, you can filter by status and extended status of the ticket.
- You can tap on a ticket to view its details. Similar to the web portal, the information is sorted into tabs.
- you can add comments to a ticket ffrom the comment tab.
- By clicking the pencil in the top-right corner, the ticket can also be edited if you have sufficient edit privileges.